Do I Qualify?
The term Qualified Purchaser is often used interchangeably with qualified investor, but qualified purchaser is the legal term. Persons or entities can be qualified purchasers under any of these conditions:
- A person with $5 million or more in investments, either independently or together with spouse (the value of a primary residence or business property must be excluded).
- A family with $5 million or more in investments through a charity, company or estate, or a trust set up for their benefit.
- A trust sponsored and managed by qualified purchasers, which is not formed solely to invest in a fund.
- A person with discretionary control of at least $25 million in assets, for others or their own accounts.
- An entity consisting solely of qualified purchasers.